What Is Linear Resonant Actuator?
LRA is a spring-mass system that vibrates in a linear motion. Inside, there is a coil suspended by springs and when voltage is applied, the coil generates a magnetic field. The coil interacts with the magnet and mass, whereas the magnetic field varies with the applied drive signal, the magnet and mass move up and down creating force. This movement is perceived as a vibration.
Linear resonant actuators main features:
- Fast rise and fall times, quick start and break time.
- Light weight, small size, excellent choice for wearable applications.
- Request to be driven by IC chips from TI’s chip DRV2605.
- Exceptionally long lifetime 200,000cycle, on-2s; off-1s.
- High reliability compared to ERM.
- Low consumption compared to ERM.
- Coin shape: Z-axis vibration, Square shape: X-axis vibration
LRA vs ERM typical characteristics
LRA is the short of linear resonant actuator, it is a popular vibration motor, for it works differently from the previous generation, it has long lifetime and fast rising time and brake time, generally 20ms.
Linear vibration motors are more suitable for the wearable devices, such as VR suit, commercial simulator, VR walker sports, virtual reality boxing shooting, VR haptic suit and gloves those request light weight, and the linear resonance vibration motor can convey complex waveforms to detailed tactile information.
Order Linear Vibration Motors Online
Buy In 1+ Quantity | No MOQ | International shipping | Next Day Delivery | Free 10pcs samples | Lead Time 3-4days
Recently, MDM launched 2 models linear vibration motors, ELV0832B(Z-axis vibration motor), ELV081530(Advanced Rectangular LRA used in Huawei Phone)